Minnesota Preacher Woman

Friday, November 17, 2006

Friday Five - Giving Thanks

Friday Five: Giving Thanks
Please tell us five things or people for which you are thankful this year.

This has been such a wonderful year that it is hard to limit the list to only 5!
1. My children – you are growing up to be such wonderful people. The joy you bring me is inexpressible. You teach me, inspire me, fill our home with laughter and blow me away with your unique talents. Thank you for being you!
2. My friends – I have prayed for friends in the past and God always answers this prayer way beyond my imagination. I am thankful for my clergy friends with whom I gather each and every Tuesday, I am thankful for long-time friends and my closets friend, Michelle. Thank you for reminding me to laugh.
3. I am oh so thankful for my congregation. At other points in my ministry I have felt like my congregation has been an endurance challenge or a test from God. Right now I am blessed with a congregation that is a true community of faith. Just last week when our organist died I stood back and watched you surround her young daughters with love and care that still brings tears to my eyes. I love being a pastor at this church!
4. Our puppy. It is amazing the love and joy and teamwork that a new addition can bring to a home. Thank you, God, for our puppy.
5. This last one gets to be many: our health, our home, our wonderful community, a math teacher that has taught eldest son to love learning in a new way, my helpful parents, our travels this past year…the list could go on and on. Thank you, God, for everything!

4 Comments:

At 7:34 AM, Blogger Sally said...

Well played- the lists grow as we think about it don't they- it did me good to play this one. Thanks for sharing- what a wonderful teacher your son had!

 
At 7:57 AM, Blogger Songbird said...

What a beautiful story about your church!

 
At 5:06 AM, Blogger Rev Scott said...

I'm jealous - you have a puppy! That'll be one thing I'll have to wait to be thankful for!

 
At 4:59 PM, Blogger LutheranChik said...

Nice list. Happy Delurking Week!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home