Minnesota Preacher Woman

Friday, November 24, 2006

Friday Five - Black Friday

Black Friday Five
This is a "Black Friday" Five in honor of the busiest shopping day of the year:

1. Would you ever/have you ever stood in line for something--tickets, good deals on electronics, Tickle Me Elmo? Two weeks ago I stood in line to buy a collector CD (Cities 97 Sampler) of great music – buying one to keep and one to sell on eBay. And 20 years ago I stood in line to get Bruce Springsteen concert tickets. That has been it. I marvel at the people who have time to stand in line for 24 hours or more for an item. I have a one hour limit for standing in line, it seems.

2. Do you enjoy shopping as a recreational activity?
Yes, when the mood hits me. I have to have the patience to face the crowds and the right pair of shoes on my feet. My 9 year old daughter is really starting enjoy shopping so when I’m partnered with her I find shopping a great way to spend some free time.

3. Your favorite place to browse without necessarily buying anything.
Definitely a good bookstore. I can spend hours at Barnes and Noble without making a purchase.

4. Gift cards: handy gifts for the loved one who has everything, or cold impersonal symbol of all that is wrong in our culture?
I think that Gift Cards are alright. They don’t compare to a well-chosen gift or a handmade item but they do fine by me.

5. Discuss the spiritual and theological issues inherent in people coming to blows over a Playstation 3.
We bury ourselves in so many empty endeavors in this life.

8 Comments:

At 9:31 AM, Blogger Songbird said...

I wish I could safely browse in a bookstore without buying! I admire your fortitude.

 
At 10:07 AM, Blogger Cathy said...

Nada on the bookstore. Dangerous place for me.

 
At 10:22 AM, Blogger rev maria said...

I am constitutionally incapable of walking into a bookstore without buying! WIsh I had your self discipline

 
At 12:49 PM, Blogger chartreuseova said...

Give me a gift card to a bookstore and I can browse for hours...But I must buy. I must.

 
At 8:25 PM, Blogger SingingOwl said...

Me too...bookstores...aaaahhh...

 
At 11:24 PM, Blogger hipchickmamma said...

empty endeavors, amen!

 
At 12:19 PM, Blogger Askinstoo said...

just thought I'd let you know a place where you can make some nice extra cash secret shopping.
I made over $900 last month having fun!
http://www.degree-programs-online.info/makingcash.html

 
At 12:22 PM, Blogger Askinstoo said...

just thought I'd let you know a place where you can make some nice extra cash secret shopping.
I made over $900 last month having fun!
http://www.degree-programs-online.info/makingcash.html

 

Post a Comment

<< Home