Minnesota Preacher Woman

Friday, October 27, 2006

Ghoulish Friday Five

Ghoulish Friday Five

1. Do you enjoy a good fright?
I don’t like scary movies but I enjoy the scaring that my kids provide me. They love to jump out and scream, “boo” and I can handle that.

2. Scariest movie you've ever seen:
I haven’t seen many because they scare me soooo much. The movie “Sybil” shook me up when I was a kid because the real Sybil lived nearby. I had nightmares for months. Movies about people with mental illnesses stick with me the longest, like Misery or the aforentioned, Sybil. I guess that Halloween (the first of a dozen) was one of the ickiest movies I’ve seen.

3. Bobbing for apples: choose one and discuss:
a) Nothing scary about that! Good wholesome fun. I think I’ve only bobbed for apples a few times and many years ago. There is so much water that I don’t think the germs would be too concentrated to cause problems.

4. Real-life phobia
Every now and then I’ll be laying in bed and hear a creak or a noise and wonder if I locked the doors. Then my imagination runs wild and I’ll think that it sounds like someone is walking down the hall or up the stairs.

5. Favorite "ghost story"
My sister-in-law rented an apartment above a barbershop. She kept insisting that there was a ghost. She had numerous stories about seeing the image of a man in the apartment with her. Finally someone admitted to her that the original owner of the barbershop committed suicide in the building – so she was sure that the spirit of the dead barber was her roommate.

3 Comments:

At 7:27 AM, Blogger reverendmother said...

Ooh, great ghost story!

And good point on the diluted germs.

 
At 8:42 AM, Blogger revabi said...

OOh did your sister move out then?

Good play.

Kids love to do that boo thing here too. We have an ongoing Boo play when I come home, I search for them and can't find them and boo.

 
At 9:11 AM, Blogger Sally said...

love it a real ghost story... not to comfortable for your sister though!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home