Minnesota Preacher Woman

Friday, October 06, 2006

Friday Five - Election Season

Since many yards are filled with political signs and the only commercials on television are political, the RevGal Friday Five is about ELECTIONS.

1) How old were you when you voted for the first time? I was 18 years old when I first voted. My parents were very politically active and instilled in me the importance of voting. I went to “League of Women Voter’s” meetings with my Mom many times and accompanied her to the polls every time she voted. Although they are very active democrats now, for several years my parents were members of the “Young Republicans.” While they were more conservative they brought me to a hear Richard Nixon speak when I was a child.

2) What was the contest at the top of the ballot? When I first voted it was a Presidential election with Ronald Reagan and Carter/Mondale on the top of the ballot.

3) Can you walk to your polling place? I can because my church is the polling place for our community. I even have to set up the rooms!

4) Have you ever run for public office? Never, although I would love to serve on the school board once my kids are older.

5) Have you run for office in a club or school or on a board? I did run, uncontested, as the President of the Parent Teacher Organization of my children’s elementary school. I served for one year while I was working ¾ time in my last parish.

1 Comments:

At 9:26 AM, Blogger Songbird said...

I would vote for you!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home