Minnesota Preacher Woman

Friday, September 29, 2006

Friday Five - Groups

Friday Five - Groups

1. Tell us about any group(s) you currently belong to. (e.g. book club, knitting circle, walking buddies, etc.)
I belong to a “women’s night out” group. We meet once each month and enjoy an evening at a restaurant with a drink and a nice dinner together. The main ingredient is laughter. It is an eclectic group of 6 women and I always look forward to the night out.

2. Do you feel energized or drained by being in a group situation? If the answer is "it depends," on what does it depend?
Energized – although I’ll confess that sometimes I have to drag myself out the door to go to my Women’s Night Out group if it is has been a long day. The main reason is I’m a major homebody. But, inevitably, I come home happier and glad I went out.

3. Is there a role you naturally find yourself playing in group situations? That is, do you naturally fall into the leader role, or the one who always makes sure the new person feels welcome, or the quiet one who sits back and lets others shine, or the host? I think I’m a bit of a leader in the group and most groups in that I often choreograph the date/time/place but once were are there, I try to sit back and listen.

4. Handshakes vs. hugs: discuss.
Hug, hugs, hugs. Can’t get enough, can’t give enough. Think it is because I grew up in a home were we didn’t and still don’t hug. I hug my friends a lot. I hug my kids constantly. Never my Mom. Anyone want to analyze that for me??

5. Ice breakers: a playful way to build community in a lighthearted manner, or a complete and utter hell of forced fun and awkwardness?
I like icebreakers if they are needed. There are very few times when I truly think that they are needed, though.

2 Comments:

At 7:29 PM, Blogger revabi said...

good play.

I refuse to analyse your mom, and the unconsious signals she is sending me that say, "I'll kill you if you hug me, don't even think about it."

Keep giving and getting those hugs.

 
At 10:05 PM, Blogger The Vicar of Hogsmeade said...

Whoa, that hug part sounds a lot like me.

hug my kids constantly, never my mom. and there is a reason I live 2 states away.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home