Minnesota Preacher Woman

Monday, July 17, 2006

Summer Joys

Vacation is refreshing! We enjoyed a wonderful time in northern Minnesota. Eldest child (Handful and Heartful Son) learned how to water ski! It didn't come easy - he didn't even get up on the first day he tried. I loved watching him try and was impressed at his persistence. So much in life has come easy for him - so it was a relief to see him not give up when he wasn't an expert in his first day. What a joyful look on his face when he finally got up on his skis.

I read Barbara Brown Taylor's "Leaving the Church" during vacation. I actually read it twice, underlining sections the second time through. I was impressed by BBT's candor - it seems to have been a therapeutic project for her.

Now I'm ready to read a book about the original "Vicar of Dibley" that was recommended by another sister in the RevGalBlogPals. Really looking forward to reading Joy Wallis' autobiography - wondering if there are a lot of similarities between herself and Geraldine Granger.

Another summer joy is both my kids are calling for some snuggle time - so the computer and the blog will have to be done for now...

2 Comments:

At 8:06 PM, Blogger Songbird said...

Welcome back from vacation! And Happy Snuggling!

 
At 11:50 PM, Blogger see-through faith said...

Summer is defintely reading time. I love it. Alas I need to get back to those studies - and real life - but it's been fun.

I have a mini retreat planned Mon-Tuesay with dear friends (2 young men of God who inspire and encourage no end) then frantically preparing teaching for a youth camp. Only yesterday did I hear that the sr pastor wanted to swap groups with me, so instead of having the new-believers I'll have the older more mature ones. Fun! But a lot to get down now. Yikes

 

Post a Comment

<< Home