Minnesota Preacher Woman

Saturday, June 24, 2006

Vacation Time Approaching

Vacation time is almost here. I'm taking next week off. The week after that includes July 4th, which will be a very light week. Thought I had planned that one well. (Last year I took the week of the 4th as vacation and it didn't make sense that I was taking vacation time when it was already holiday time I had off).

The psyche sure seems to know when vacation is coming for me. It always feels like I've been running a marathon when I approach vacation and can barely make it to the finish line. I have definitely been overworking myself. One look around our home is all it takes for me to know that!

We are driving 'up north' - a fond Minnesota experience. 'Up North' is a nebulus place that means north of Minneapolis. I like going way up north, to the pine trees and loons and northern lights. We will spend most of the week on Leech Lake, which doesn't sound too appealing unless you realize that the lake isn't leech infested and is actually walleye infested. I hope that eldest child/son can catch some walleye. I won't even dip a line in the water. Hopefully lots of reading and sleep for me. The kids will spend lots of time in or on the water.

1 Comments:

At 4:53 PM, Blogger Songbird said...

It sounds like a great place to be. Have a wonderful vacation!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home