Minnesota Preacher Woman

Saturday, June 24, 2006

I Scream, You Scream, We All Scream For...

ICE CREAM!

Friday Five, as inspired by Reverend Mother.

1. Ice cream: for warm weather only or a year-round food?
Year-round food. Definitely. I grew up with a Mom who is an ice cream fiend. She definitely passed on the love to me.
2. Favorite flavor(s)
I consider myself an ice cream snob, in that I like the finer things of life. I love expensive ice cream. Love Ben & Jerry's. Anything by them, but really love Cherry Garcia the best.
3. Cake cone, sugar cone, waffle cone, cup?
Sugar cone in a cup, best of both worlds.
4. Childhood ice-cream memory
Went out Sunday lunch at Bridgeman's Ice Cream Shop/Restaurant with my grandparents when they were visiting from Florida. I was about 11 years old. I registered everyone at the table for a give-away. Later that day they called to say that my grandfather's name was drawn to win 10 gallons of ice cream. "Time for a party!" said my Mom. We went to pick up the ice cream and invited all the aunts, uncles and cousins to bring a topping and come over for sundaes. I remember feeling a personal feeling of pride that this family gathering happened just because I had filled out all those give-away registrations. My grandpa died later that year.
5. Banana splits: discuss. I haven't eaten many in my life. They seem so big but would love to have one again. I bet I haven't had one in 20 years! Bet that the fruit would cut the guilt feeling, though!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home